Deck Vent for Stand Up Paddle Boards, Hollow Wood Surfboards, and EPS Foam Surfboards
SUP Deck Vent
Venting is a must for all EPS foam core SUPs and hollow wood boards.
Goretex-like venting fabric keeps the pressure inside the board equal to avoid damage and delamination.
Position this vent 1/3 the board length from the nose in conjunction with a Vented Leash Plug for optimal venting.
Installation of BARREL STYLE vents:
1. Drill 1 1/4" hole x 7/8" deep
2. Remove scew vent (13mm socket)
3. Mix 1/2 oz Epoxy Resin and fill hole 1/2 way
5. Set housing into hole and fill resin around the perimeter
6. After resin cures, drill 3/16" diameter hole through bottom of housing into SUP foam
7. Screw vent back into housing until secure
Choose Vent Plug with Base or Replacement Vent Screw
Need a replacement vent screw? There are different treads. Read this before purchasing.
Black Replacement Screws are M12 x 1.3 Fine Thread
White Replacement Screws are M12 x 1.5 Course Thread