SURFBOARD BLANK SHIPPING
The cost of blank shipping is a complicated subject because of the wide range of blank sizes and densities Greenlight manufactures and distributes. Luckily we're really good at logistics and get you the lowest possible shipping rates at all times.When Ordering Foam Blanks:
You must contact us first!
- Shipping Engineered EPS Foam Blanks
- Shipping US Blanks, SUPs, Longboards, & Foilboards
- Shipping to Canada (Options, Freight Brokers, & Duty Calculator)
- International Shipping
_________________________________________________________Shipping Engineered EPS Foam Blanks:
Greenlight's engineering team has developed ways to deliver surfboard blanks to your door for much less than via freight truck by shipping them split in half. You glue the stringer in like we would at our factory..
By gluing the blank up yourself, you save up to 75% on freight charges.
Blanks 6'5" and under are the least expensive to ship...
UPS charges an additional "oversize" charge for blanks over 6'6" - 7'6".
EPS blanks longer than 7'6" must go via common carrier freight and we will glue them up for you.
Here's a Free MASTERCLASS Video on how to glue up your blank
- If purchasing (1) single EPS foam blank, definitely choose to glue it up yourself to save a lot of money. *Single stringerless blanks will be shipped split in half unless you notify us you want it shipped as one piece on a freight truck.
- If purchasing (2) blanks please contact us for a quote. It may be cheaper for us to glue up and ship freight depending on the length of the blanks you want. We'll always do our best to keep the costs down as low as possible.
- If purchasing 3 or more blanks please keep in mind we can fit (4-5) blanks in a box and ship up to 8 blanks for the same cost as three blanks. It's always a smart move to get as many blanks as you can to reduce the shipping cost per blank.
________________________________________________________________Shipping US Blanks, SUPs, Longboards, & Foilboards
All US Blanks (PU) Blanks sizes 5'9" - 11'3" as well as Greenlight Engineered EPS Surfboard Blanks over 7'6" long are considered "oversized" and must ship in a large box via freight truck.
The freight companies have a minimum charge to pickup from our shop and deliver to you and add additional cost for the total weight of the shipment. Since surfboard and SUP blanks are very light, it costs the same to ship 1 blank or up to 8 blanks depending on the total weight of the shipment.
1. Shipping blanks that are already glued up:
Products or orders too large (like blanks that are glued up) to ship via UPS Ground will be delivered to you via common carrier on a full size tractor trailer. This type of shipping is different than FedEx and UPS, and one difference is that you are responsible for taking the product off of the back of the truck and into your home or business. After your item has shipped via common carrier, we will email you tracking information so you can prepare for the delivery.
The important thing to remember about common carrier deliveries is that you should sign for your shipment after you have checked to make sure that it arrived to you safely and have noted of any issues on the delivery receipt! If the packaging shows any evidence of a problem (like holes or a severe bend in the box or already opened box), drivers are able to wait up to 15 minutes while you inspect individual items for any damage, and make sure the correct amount of pieces were delivered.
If any item is clearly DAMAGED or MISSING, or if you have any doubt about any item being damaged or missing, you MUST do the following:
- Note it clearly on the delivery receipt before signing (ie - "missing 3 pieces", "holes in packaging", "chuck out of blank", etc).
- Keep your copy of the delivery receipt.
- Contact us within 1 business day.
- Keep the damaged packing materials for inspection.
- Take pictures of the damaged items and packaging.
If part or all of your shipment is damaged and you did not note this in any way on the proof of delivery, we CANNOT guarantee any compensation for damages. By signing your name on the delivery receipt without noting any damages, you are stating that you have received your shipment in acceptable condition.
We can ship all products including Blanks and Resins to Canada. Shipping rates for small packages are calculated in the store's checkout.
1. We can ship to one of the following freight centers on the US border for you to pick up and drive back over the border. There is a small warehouse fee for these freight centers. You clear through customs at the border. This saves a lot of shipping cost for you as the freight companies almost double the fees to get your products across the border and deliver to you.
NEW SEPT 2021! Have your blanks shipped to a warehouse with the KinekPoint Service! Dozens of warehouses on the US border we can ship to.
Freeport Forwarding - Champlain, NY (Approx 1 hour from downtown Montreal)
To make it easy, we’ll break down their locations by the Canadian cities they serve. We have also provide links to their Kinek pages.
Champlain, New York
- www.kinek.com/border (Border Mail Depot will accept packages of any size or weight!)
- www.kinek.com/border (Business America Services can accept any size or weight!)
- Derby Line, Vermont
Ottawa region, Brockville:
Ogdensburg, New York (only 45 minutes from Ottawa)
- wwww.kinek.com/border (KinekPoint is called N.A.C. Logistics and can receive orders of any size or weight
Great Falls, Montana
- wwww.kinek.com/border (Ship-It in Great Falls, MT forwards packages to Canada. Give them a call after signing up!)
- Massena, New York
- www.kinek.com/border (Our location is called Triple A Building Supply and can accept packages of any size or weight in Massena, NY for Canadian cross border shoppers). They’re also open 7-days a week.
Kingston, Belleville, Gananoque, Napanee:
Wellesley Island, New York
- www.kinek.com/buildingsupply (Wellesley Island Building Supply is open 7 days a week and will accept packages of any size or weight!)
Greater Toronto Area:
- Buffalo, New York (Dollar City Warehouse)
- Buffalo, New York (Peace Bridge crossing)
- Niagara Falls, New York (New York Mailbox)
- Niagara Falls, New York (Rainbow Bridge crossing) (www.kinek.com/lewiston)
- Marine City, Michigan (www.kinek.com/FBpackage)
- Detroit, Michigan (UPS Store in Detroit)
- Port Huron, Michigan (www.kinek.com/BB)
- Sault Ste Marie, MI (My US Address)
- Pembina, North Dakota
Kelowna/Osoyoos, British Columbia:
- Oroville, Washington
- www.kinek.com/appleway (open 7 days a week!)
Vancouver and Surrounding Region:
- Blaine, Washington
- www.kinek.com/border (open 6 days a week and can accept any size or weight!)
New Brunswick/Nova Scotia/PEI:
- Calais, Maine
- AN Deringer – www.kinek.com/border
- Houlton, Maine
- Houlton Power Sports – www.kinek.com/border
2. Ship to your residence or a commercial address in Canada. This requires a Customs Broker and higher freight fees.
You must hire a freight broker to clear your shipment through customs. The cost is about $30CAD. Here is a list of some Canadian Freight Brokers but you can also do a Google search for more and price shop. They all do the same thing - get your order across the border!
CANADIAN TAX AND DUTY CALCULATOR:
Use this Import duty and tax calculator for additional tax costs for shipping to Canada.
Enter "Sports" as the Category and "Canoe" as the Product you're shipping for a duty rate estimate.
Our webstore automatically calculates international shipping costs based on the weight of your package.
We offer three shipping options for international customers.
USPS International First Class Shipping (takes 3-4 weeks to deliver with no tracking information or insurance)
USPS Priority (6-10 Business Days includes tracking and insurance)
UPS Ground (6-14 Business Days includes tracking and insurance)
At this time we cannot resins, resin additives, or surfboard blanks and kits to international addresses.